Sunday, August 26, 2012

New Idea and a Slight Buffy Spoiler (but not really because that show's 15 years old)

     I realized today that this blog is almost starting to turn the way of my ill-fated diaries, and I don't want to give up that easily. My original idea for it was to make it completely about sewing, but I don't really want to take pictures of half completed projects. But I'm also not a complete-a-project-every-single-day type of gal either, and I'd like to write more than every week and a half or so (I'm sure to get even less done  once school starts). And I guess I could share all my research and findings about sewing, but I want to do more than just post a bunch of links. AND I'm not really one to make fall palettes  or inspiration boards, and I could care less about keeping up with fashion. So I've decided, hey, this is my blog, I'll do what I want! So I'm pretty much going to be blabbering on about whatever else I want in addition to sewing. Let's just say it's the "Ditches" in these Stitches and Ditches, since lots of it's probably going to turn into whining anyway.
     Speaking of whining, I had the most craptastic morning today :/ On the way to work, I dumped half my coffee all over my pants; spilt water all over the place once I got to work; accidentally dropped a washcloth in the trash can; the men's room that I got to clean was horrendous (come on guys! I told my manager they didn't deserve a bathroom and she should take it away); my ipod was dead and had to suffer death by country music while cleaning; and I left my wallet at home, didn't eat breakfast, and thought I wouldn't be getting a ride home til 6.
soak in those healing powers!
     Okay, that was a ridiculous amount of whininess; I'm sorry. But you have to admit, it was a rough morning. But I'm actually in a really good mood now because 1) my friend covered my lunch bill 2) not only did the barista at the Starbucks where I was planning on bumming around not care if I bummed around without buying anything but 3) she gave me a free coffee! She's the best person ever, polar opposite of Hipster Barista! Awesome Wentzville Starbucks barista lady, I hope the karma police repay you with something awesome. A cup of black Starbucks coffee isn't really super expensive or valuable, but it was so incredibly nice of her! I even had a little coffee already since at work we can only give out coffee til it's three hours old, and there was some from 11 this morning that I relieved them of, but she still gave me awesome Starbucks coffee! I'm just really touched because she didn't have to at all but she did and it's great to see nice people. And also, hey! Free coffee! I should write her some fan mail...or sew something for her....hmmm
     Alright, now for something maybe a tad bit more on the topic of sewing. Many blogs I read are filled with projects inspired by tv or movie outfits. There's the Sew Cinematic sewalong and the Sew Weekly's had an Oscar and a Mad Men challenge, and I do believe they've had more of that type, but I can't find them right now. But I've tried to plan a project based on a tv outfit and honestly couldn't really think of any that really stuck. I've admired outfits as I've watched the shows, but never searched them out or made a good enough mental note. I love Zooey Deschanel's style though, but then I just ended up googling pictures of her to see her outfits, and I'd really rather think up my own creations that painstakingly search out a random cute dress I see Miss Deschanel wearing.
     I realized two seconds ago that I'm pretty much admitting to the world that I'm a pretty lame sewing blogger and fashionista-sewist. Whatever, at least I'm being honest. Aaaaanyway, I've been working my way through Buffy on Netflix, and realized that since I'm religiously watching the show, I might as well watch out for clothes I'd want to copy. And then I realized that until like season 4 Buffy's set in the 90s, and oh dear, 90s fashion...oh dear.
really Buffers? You gonna scare  Dru away with your shapeless hips?

But Oz still loves her :)

 I'm not a fan of overalls on non babies/toddlers/construction workers/miners. Really, even the construction workers usually can't pull them off. And how's Buffy supposed to open a can of whoop-ass in overalls? Willow's I can kind of accept, because she's the adorable bookworm. I myself am a bookworm and can't ever see myself voluntarily putting on overalls, but hey, the 90s. Actually, searching for that picture taught me that Willow apparently had a closet full of the things. K, acceptance revoked. And Buffy doesn't even seem to be enjoying the comfiness of her overalls. Then again, I'm pretty sure it's from an episode where she's all depressed because Angel wants to kill her and, more importantly, doesn't love her anymore. I'm not giving her a pass for them though because she wears them in a later episode where she has her Angel back :P
     So that was my Buffy fashion rant observation: 90s = coal miner style. Well, and David Boreanaz looks goooood in white!
even though I don't think he's posing as Angel here, I'm pretty sure it proves my point. and yes, the pic did need to be extra large.
 Holy StudMuffin McDreamy, Batman! That face AND he's got the Byronic hero vibe goin on AND they named him Angel? Why didn't Axe get him as their spokesperson?! You know what? I'd probably become more accepting of overalls if Angel/David Boreanaz vouched for them. It's pretty safe to say the man would look good in anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment