Saturday, December 21, 2013

Evergreen Skirt

I used Nette's Scallop Button Up Skirt Pattern. Learned that I am very
inconsistent when I try to sew scallops; some look slightly curved, and a lot just look pointy :P
  I'm really happy with how the piping looks! And how huge the pockets are!

  The process threw me off--hem first?! what?! but it was nice at the end when I realized I didn't have to hem it cause it was already doneeee :D


                                                            

 I didn't have enough solid green for the whole thing, so I used quilting cotton for the hem facing and the inside part of the pocket.
 Also, I didn't want to topstitch, so I used a catchstitch to secure the waistband down, the button facings, and the hem facings. It was a lot of hand sewing, but I made it through half of Season 2 of New Girl that night, so that made it bearable. Sidenote: I didn't know Season 2 was on Netflix!! It was such a nice surprise!


No comments:

Post a Comment